Aspire One
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SETTING UP SISI

Go down

SETTING UP SISI Empty SETTING UP SISI

Post  shoshana Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:38 am

Easiest way ever to install SISI and keep it updated.

In the past installing SISI and keeping it up to date was frankly, a huge pain in the balls. CCP has developed a tool to remove that pain from your balls and automate everything that you need for SISI.

The small application is called sisilauncher and can be found here: http://cdn1.eveonline.com/SisiLauncher/124/SisiLauncher.exe

Instructions:
1. Download Sisi launcher and save it at a location of your choice
2. Start the Sisi launcher (allow the tool to make changes to your computer, when asked)
3. Specify the path to the Singularity client (can be an existing one or a new folder)
4. Check the "Start log server" box, if you want to run logserver (from the client folder)
5. Click the "Click to play EVE on Singularity" button
6. If there is no client in the location you will be asked for the path to your TQ client
7. Wait while the client copies, verifies and patches (can take some time)
8. Login to Singularity

To Update the SISI client:

This is where the real sexiness of the application is at. The application will start and run a checksum against your SISI client and the files in your Sisi directory. It will then download ONLY the files you need to get on Sisi. This is all done in the background and automatically. I told you it was sexy.

For shits and giggles I timed how long it took to complete an install of sisi (sisi was not installed) using sisilauncher on my machine. Total Time: 3 minutes and 51 seconds. That is with an SSD drive under Win 7. If you are running a HDD my guess would be about 10-20 minutes as the initial copying and checksumming the client before and after can take some time. I updated my HDD box that had not been updated in weeks and it took under 2 minutes to finish.

Download Threads - This option is for multi-thread downloads. You want this number as high as you can get it. It will mean a faster download but you need to have a fast i-net connection for it. I suggest playing around with it and figuring out what works for you. I set mine to 11.
shoshana
shoshana
Aspire Expeditionary Force
Aspire Expeditionary Force

Back to top Go down