Aspire One
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a little direction...

3 posters

Go down

a little direction... Empty a little direction...

Post  Nishan Umed Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:25 am

Hello Guys and Girls!

First off! Apologies for my absence over the last several months, RL just gets in the bloody way sometimes (and I was having some graphical issues caused by the second class citizen status of being a mac user on eve).

So, im looking for some direction and guidance to help me make the most of my EVE time and figured the best way would be to consult with the wider community of experience and expertise. Ultimately I want to take a direction that is going to be mutually profitable for me as well as good for the corp. To canvas your opinions what I thought I might do is list some of my preferences and anyone who would like to comment on what they would do, go ahead Smile

Ok, hers goes…

Piloting

I mostly fly Caldari and I can currently fly and fit battlecruisers, cov-ops and assault frig to a reasonably high standard (T2). I can also fly and fit battleships, but not to such a high level. I can also fly and fit up to battleship in the gallente line as well.

Skills (10,000,000 ish)

I have a huge bulk of my skills in missile operation and shield tanking. Bomb skills are not fab but that’s mainly because I don’t use them at present. I generally fly the drake with a passive tank but that’s because I mostly use it in WH’s. I have a smattering of drone use skills, enough to help take out frigs (PVE) when I am in the BS but not enough to be bobbing about in a big drone carrier type situation. I also have very good scanning skills and enough skills to make money from hacking and analysing

Preferred play style

I hate mining and have no interest in it at all. I could be persuaded to haul a little while I do other things but its not my preferred activity. I have minimal/nil PVP experienced but would love to get more. I don’t mind doing the odd mission but they can get a little boring. I love scanning and WH’ing and have done several C1/2 site solo.

So, fire away, what would you train next and focus on, what would you be looking to do if you where me?

Nishan Umed
Aspire Academy Member
Aspire Academy Member

Back to top Go down

a little direction... Empty Re: a little direction...

Post  miningrunner Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:49 pm

Id personally be preparing to move with several other corp members, out to the stain region in several weeks. You say you like scanning? there is a fortune waiting for you out there! you say you want to experience more PVP? Pretty soon thats where most of our major ops will be leaving from. Id prob look at training up for a tengu, while taking my scanning ship out to the RRWI-5 pocket and earning some isk so you can afford that bad boy
miningrunner
miningrunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Nishan Umed Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:35 pm

Oh, im liking the sound of that a lot! Smile

The Tengu is a very nice ship indeed, but also very expensive.

What kind of ship will I need for the rats in null-sec radar sites? I generally get away with an assault frig when I find sites in low-sec but im guessing this won’t cut it in null! I mainly use the assault frig because low sec can get busy and I need to be able to get away and/or out run stuff.

Nishan Umed
Aspire Academy Member
Aspire Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post  miningrunner Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:48 pm

thats somthing i dont really know to be honest dude, ive little experience myself in the matter Smile best people to speak to would be the A-SAS guys, or one of the older players like bushii or mariel dax. I belive the officer rats are pretty tough, even for a T3!
miningrunner
miningrunner

Back to top Go down

a little direction... Empty helps arrive!

Post  Princess Galadrier Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:48 pm

Hey! You seem like you want action to your games so your just like made for pvp Smile i know thing or two about pvp and i can start teaching you if you need some help. I mostly flying caldari and minmatar ships so i know how to fit and fly those. And over 2 years experience in pvp i can say i have seen a alot Smile so convo me in game or you can ask questions here aswell. Im starting to train new minmatar and caldari pilots. Princess Galadrier, Ceo of Aspire Commandos.

Princess Galadrier
Aspire Expeditionary Force
Aspire Expeditionary Force

Back to top Go down

Post  Nishan Umed Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:22 pm

Oh! that sounds very interesting, indeed Smile

I think ill take you up on that offer!

Next time i am on ill drop you a message and make some arraignments.

Is there anything you would like me to have ready, such as ships & modules etc?

Nishan Umed
Aspire Academy Member
Aspire Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum