Aspire One
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dessie mistery poll

+10
Alex Lovro
Derron
commander sutton1
Princess Galadrier
Vodaclone007
coulin
Yumirion
Yehenala
shoshana
Bushii
14 posters

Go down

Dessie mistery poll Empty Dessie mistery poll

Post  Bushii Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:51 pm

here is the poll as requested from Shoshana for the dessie mistery competition mail, here are the participants with their corresponding competition mails

Yumirion wrote:
Im not sure what the hole in the Catalyst is for, I can tell you that it is quite similar to the hole in my wallet, wink wink nudge nudge.
Wubinator wrote:
1) It's a guilletine where rats can be executed

2) It's where the second part of the x-wing was supposed to be connected but they ran out of money

3) Used as target and navigation practice where one person would fire missles at the ship and they must try send the missle flying to the hole. The radar thingy is used to send the score to the officials

4) It's used as protective peek hole for those that want to watch solar eclipses ... being morons at the same time

5) I't 1 part of a 6 part giant spacial pool table.
Mining Runner wrote:
Its simple......... dont forget the space hamsters in the engine room need to breath space air to live!
Vodaclone wrote:
The cadari use it as a cock ring when they're fucking the frogs
Yuki wrote:
It's a secret (classified?) passive-agressive Gallente method to fight off the Amarr. Well not really fight, it's even more creative than that. Think about it. It's strangling the problem down by the source... It is there to masturbate their war God.
Alex wrote:
Not many know and yes it has to be a galente who has to tell the story.
I remember my gran gran gran father told me.

Destroyer our catalyst are one of the oldest if not the first ship of our big empire.
Those hole now it is a simbolic one .. but at that days when planets was still "has to be conolized" it was used for parachutes to jump out! And only after some centuries this hole again was used for pilots to jump out.

As simple as that ..
well novadays all those fancy capsules .. ah this youungsters!
Unklefester wrote:
the ship is actually a giant cornhole board. if you don't know what it is check it out.
Txor wrote:
After analyzing years of data the Gallente scientists realized that other faction targeting systems appeared to be locking onto the exact same spot of the ship. After much debate they realized rather then devise a new jamming system it was more cost effective to merely take a plasma torch to the hull and do away with the area that was attracting the enemies targeting computers.

Unfortunately for the new class of pilots "lucky" enough to now fly this invincible ship their misplaced trust on the genius of their scientists did not fare well. Black box recordings of the maiden flights how been reported to be "HOLY SHIT I THOUGHT THEY WOULDNT BE ABLE TO LOCK US >>>>ARGHHHHHHHH
Matsu wrote:
The catalyst has a whole in its wing to allow the transformation of it and its sister ships into Gallentron, When combined with these ships it becomes the right arm of Gallentron. With the body made up by Ishtar (the smaller thrusters on the side poke out to attach) the legs made up by Tristan (What it has six legs you got a problem with that?) the arms made up of Catalyst on the right and Thorax on the left (come on the appendage at the bottom of the ship begs to be attached to something and it gives Gallentron a nice shield) with an Incursus folding its javelin up to be a comm relay and its engines attaching to Ishtar to form the head. Together Gallentron can defeat anything in the effort to support the Gallente Government and to rule New Eden forever. Unfortunately the skill to pilot and combine such a weapon has been lost in 0.0 space and only a dedicated pvp pilot would ever hope to reunite the tattered scraps of said book to gain the knowledge necessary to pilot said behemoth.
The Show wrote:
the ship has a hole on it because it is for women and it got fired upon by cell when he was firehn his lasar!!!!111!!one!!11
there really is no explaination to it but go on youtube and type Ima frirehn mah Laser! it funny for some but not all and if you really dont get it the type in Jon lajoie and listen to a few songs of his Smile
Commander Sutton wrote:
because you can put another catalyst in to the hole and stack them like linking logs

like this _l__
l---
l
Stephen wrote:
My crappy answer.
So the pilot can say, "This isnt the hole your looking for" whenever a gay ship is in the area...
(no offence intended)
Eragnon wrote:
The catalist is a female ship,..
Hole in the hand or wing whats the difference Razz
Coulin wrote:

The reason for the hole is not only surprisingly unexiting, but actually based in practicality.

The Catalyst ship was actually not intended to be a starship at all, at first. The story begins before the events of EVE, in the late 1980's, on planet earth. The inventor, Ruben Norton, came up with the design as part of his job as an industrial engineer.

The original design was intended for a cool little "starship" bottle opener, with some extra lights and rounded forms thrown in for good measure. The intended audience was for the "Star Trek fans" which had become hooked on Star Trek, the next generation.

The bottle opener was, naturally, not only a failure but a complete disaster for Ruben. Since it did not follow any of the Star Trek Technical Manuals, he got flamed by all upset Star Trek fans and they smashed all his porcelain garden goblins and abducted his cat Scotty.

Ruben threw his blueprint for the bottle opener in the trash, and the trash was made into a little cube of waste.....which was somehow made part of the insulation of the first ships that got stuck on the other side of the wormhole that brought us all here....

It was discovered by a Gallente scientist, who was digging through the innards of one of the original ships in order to find replacement fuses for his little sports frigate. Loving the "retro" design, he decided to make an actual starship out of the design.

.....and who knows, maybe he just wanted to open giant bottles in space??

// Coulin
Yehenala wrote:
For years, designers have been putting holes in things to make them inherantly more awesome:
- The delicious doughnut.
- The mighty polo.
- The toilet roll (good luck using a toilet block!).
- Golf (a hole in one? Needs a hole for that, friend!).
- Pre-weathered fashion jeans.
- Noses. Doesn't matter what kind of animal you are, your nose has a hole. Coincidence? I think not!

I'm sure you agree that the above list is full of completely awesome things. Now, lets look at a list of things which don't have holes:
- Dog poo.
- Long, morning meetings in the workplace during summer.
- Hayfever.
- Tractors.
- Pneumatic drills outside your window.

Notice how all thing that have holes are awesome, and all items that do not are just not cool.

Conclusion: everything that is awesome can be made more awesome with holes. Let's face it, the Catalyst is not exactly the best ship out there. Yet here we are, discussing it. Without that hole, we wouldn't give it a second thought, yet by adding a simple hole the designers have made the Catalyst interesting to us - and thus awesome!
Chase Williams wrote:
Catalyst - basically a giant space borne bottle opener for those Gallente Frat Boys Smile

Last edited by Bushii on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bushii
Bushii
Aspire Expeditionary Force

Back to top Go down

Dessie mistery poll Empty TIME TO VOTE!!!!

Post  shoshana Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:17 pm

OK PPL pls start posting ur votes on this thread, just post a reply telling us who u think should win the competition.

in 48 hours ill count the votes and decide the winner.

this thing was really fun, thank you all for the mails u sent me!

shosh.
shoshana
shoshana

Back to top Go down

Dessie mistery poll Empty Re: Dessie mistery poll

Post  Yehenala Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:22 pm

I vote for Txor. My kind of humour!

Yehenala
Aspire Academy Member
Aspire Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Dessie mistery poll Empty My Vote

Post  Yumirion Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:23 pm

I vote for Yehenala

Yumirion
Aspire Field Works Member

Back to top Go down

Dessie mistery poll Empty vote

Post  coulin Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:24 pm

Matsu gets my vot

coulin
Aspire Academy Member
Aspire Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Dessie mistery poll Empty My Vote

Post  Vodaclone007 Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:26 pm

I'm voting for that Voda guy!
Vodaclone007
Vodaclone007

Back to top Go down

Post  Princess Galadrier Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:32 pm

Let's take this home and vote for Sodaclone Wink

Princess Galadrier

Back to top Go down

Post  commander sutton1 Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:41 pm

i VOTE for me Embarassed
commander sutton1
commander sutton1
Aspire Academy Member
Aspire Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Derron Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:48 pm

Yehenala gets my vote.

Very Happy

Derron
Aspire Academy Member
Aspire Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Dessie mistery poll Empty My vote goes to

Post  Alex Lovro Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:55 pm

Yehenala
Alex Lovro
Alex Lovro
Aspire Industrial Faculty Member
Aspire Industrial Faculty Member

Back to top Go down

Dessie mistery poll Empty My vote goes to....

Post  Zalgarth Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:57 am

Yehenala
Zalgarth
Zalgarth
Board Member - Director - Senior Member
Board Member - Director - Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Wubinator Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:40 pm

I want to say I vote for myself, but I must admit Yehenala has the nicest story Smile

Wubinator

Back to top Go down

Dessie mistery poll Empty There is a reason for the hole...

Post  Mariel Dax Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:35 pm

I'm certain of it, but I agree and believe in the theory, that the correct answer is long forgotten, buried in ancient mythos and tales... I also believe that if one would actually ever discover the truth to the mystery, the answer would drive him mad and insane. This mystery is very similar in that fashion to another favourite mystery of mine... "Why does it seem that every sentient race in the universe has their own version of the Swedish Meatballs?"

Anyways, got a little carried off, and while we are pursuing the truth, I found out that the logic circuits in my implants were most fond of the possibility that Yehena came up with.

So I will go with her theories for now.
Mariel Dax
Mariel Dax
CEO - Aspire Field Works
CEO - Aspire Field Works

Back to top Go down

Dessie mistery poll Empty hole

Post  religiosa Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:02 am

to make it easier to F***

And the sugesttion about caldari and frogs gets my vote

religiosa
Aspire Academy Member
Aspire Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post  shoshana Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:17 pm

ok one last mail i got from chase williams:

The reason the catalyst has a hole is plain and simple

The Gallente, being the party loving race they are.... needed a giant Bottle Opener for opening their Space Beers.

shoshana
shoshana

Back to top Go down

Dessie mistery poll Empty my votes - and the winner!

Post  shoshana Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:19 pm

since its my 50 mill and my idea i get to vote twice. i give my votes to wubi and to coulin.

now, yehenala seems to be the winner.... congradulations!!!!!!!
shoshana
shoshana

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum